Search and Give

About us

Max's Animal Rescue & Humane Society is a 501c3 not for profit organzation that survives soley on the donations we receive. We are the only shelter in our county. We are here to provide care and shelter for homeless animals until they are placed into a loving and lifetime home. We provide community awareness that instills the benefits of proper care and love for companion animals. We provide all aspects of care to any animal in need that comes to our doors. We find loving lifetime homes for all our adoptable animals. We educate the public on importance of spay & neuter and the programs that are affordable and available. We have education and resource information to help promote responsible pet ownership.

Adopting a Furry Friend
All animals adopted from Max's Animal Rescue will be up to date on thier shots before leaving the rescue. Including rabies. All adoptable animals will be spayed & neutered before adoption unless it is age restricited. A adoptee will be under contract to have pet altered as soon as possible. Max's Animal Rescue has an adoption form to be completed and verified before any adoptions will be finalized. Come Visit Us! We are located in Hoboken GA on Saddle Club Rd. Please call for directions and for hours of operation.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"Spencer" My Friend.


Spencer my friend
Posted by Uncle Elmer on January 26, 2009, 10:33 pm

I recon bout 1993 I was working for Corperation in Brunswick. We had an old dog that hung around the shop for years all the guys seen that he ate good. He was'nt much to look at only had one eye and no teeth, he had some bulldog in him.

The Company that had owned our shop sold out to a Sweed and two Americans, these gentlemen decided we needed no dog at the shop "to much a liabiaty" so the called the pound to come and get him. Knowing no one would take him I loaded him up and carried him home.

I named him LAST CHANCE. He had'nt been at the house two weeks when someone dumped another pup, probably three months old out at the house.
I DID NOT NEED ANOTHER DOG!!!

This pup had a coat and markings like a Rotwiler but more slender and slightly longer legs. At that time I was home by 2:00pm everday, Melissa worked till 7:00 so me and The pup/dog went Fishing & tieing out hooks most everyday.

He always loved to ride, my truck had the "slideing back glass" which I would open. He would bounce in and out the truck and on top the tool box. A couple time we would come home from town and see him sleeping on top Melissa's Toyota 4-Runner.

He rode with me each day as I was cuttin wood and clearing land where our house is built. He never really much left my side, everywere I went he was just to my right always looking for a pet. A pet from me that was he never took to many other. The wife asked more than once if I was sure he would be safe around children.

I have a room above the garage that I keep heated & cooled for him. Did I mention he loved Gunsmoke and Bonanza, the TV stayed on.
He hated storms.

He had been in quite a few fights in all his years. These days he has lost all his teeth and ate up with arthritias. Quite feeble I'll say.

Last night about 4:00am I heard dogs razzing all kinds of comotion, I was thinking " What in Tarnations". Then it quitened off and I rolled over to get sum more shuteye.

Missy called me about 4:00pm today to tell me she seen LOTS of blood on the porch and under the window where he likes to sit and watch us eat. She hadn't seen him all day.

When I got in awhile ago I picked up my flash light. I somehow knew right where to walk, we have almost 30 acre. There in the trail to the creek that runs along side the house was my BEST FRIEND of over 14 years. He had bleed to death.



I have just gottin in from laying him to rest, next to the Azalea bushs along side the field driveing in to the house.

Rest In Peace My Friend

1 comment:

  1. I ONLY WANTED YOU

    They say memories are golden
    well maybe that is true
    I never wanted memories,
    I only wanted you.

    A million times I needed you,
    a million times I cried.
    If love alone could have saved you
    you never would have died.

    In life I loved you dearly,
    In death I love you still.
    In my heart you hold a place
    no one could ever fill.

    If tears could build a stairway
    and heartache make a lane,
    I'd walk the path to heaven
    and bring you back again.

    Our family chain is broken,
    and nothing seems the same.
    But as God calls us one by one,
    the chain will link again.

    --- Anonymous ---

    ReplyDelete

Max's Furry Friends